Hi! I’m a dairy farmer’s daughter turned pastor’s wife.
As a young person, I swore never to marry a farmer and never to marry a pastor …
I married Pastor Farmer. 🙂
How’s that for irony?
God definitely has a sense of humor,
but isn’t He awesome?
More About Me …
1) I grew up on a dairy farm in Ohio and then Wisconsin.
2) Attended Asbury University in Wilmore, Kentucky.
3) I worked as a computer programmer in South Carolina for about 5 years.
4) Met and married my pastor-husband from Georgia. He was a widower at the time who had two boys, ages 9 and 14.
5) Michael and I served the Lord full-time as pastor and wife from January 1, 1990 until August 2015. I served in children’s ministry until 2011 when I moved into women’s ministry. We are now retired and occasionally speak at churches about Handling Adversity or pulpit supply. Our children are now adults. Son, Brett and daughter, Mikaela live with us in Savannah, GA. Michael has two boys whom I have called my own since we married. Daniel and his family live in Savannah. Brian is a minister in SW Georgia. We have one grandson.
6) I have been suffering from chronic pain since 2011 so recently I have become more of an encourager to women, especially those with chronic pain.
7) GiGi is my desired “grandmother” name. It comes from the desire to leave a legacy for my children and their children. It means “Godly Grandmother”. Now the challenge is to live up to the name. My greatest desire is to love God more each day. There was a song a long time ago that says,
“I want to get so close to Him,
that it is no big change
on that day that Jesus
calls my name.”
Want to know more about me?
I manage two other personal blogs:
The Farmers Place is updated monthly. Sharing what is going on in the lives of our family members.
Raised in a Barn is where I post memoirs of my childhood growing up on a dairy farm.