I missed linking up with Emily P. Freeman at “What I Learned” where we look back before moving forward. Taking a look back helps me become more aware of what is happening around me and encourage me to move forward to learn more. Here’s a few things I learned in March.
- I attended a pain clinic for fibromyalgia patients at Mayo Clinic the first week in March. While I had learned much of how to deal with the pain over the past 5 years, it was good to get confirmation on things. Plus, it was great to connect up with other patients struggling with the same issues. I decided that I should post a series on fibromyalgia. So watch for it this month…
2. My friend likes to do card-making with stamps and die cuts. She invited me to join her one morning. What a great time of fellowship and learning a new craft. We made over a dozen beautiful Easter cards to send to widows. Here are a couple of them.
3. I’ve been studying along with the First5 app. This is an amazing and helpful app for getting you into the habit of giving God the first 5 minutes of your day. Check it out. This past month we’ve been working our way through Leviticus and Hebrews. I’ve read several times, but how wonderful to connect it with Hebrews. What a blessing to study all the ceremonial laws right as we led up to Easter. I posted my thoughts on my devotional blog Spiritually Speaking.
4. Learned how to file our own taxes without the help of an accountant. Tax Slayer has really been a blessing. They actually have professionals that will help you when you have tax questions. And to top it off … we’re getting a refund!
5. We had a very different Easter this year. Having just retired, we saw Easter from the pew side of the sanctuary.
So this month, I’ll be trying to get into a better routine of blogging. In March, I was only able to post, my Five Minute Fridays and a few Throwback Thursday blogs, reminiscing about my grandparents on Raised in a Barn.
Again, remember to watch for my Fibromyalgia series, called “Fibromyalgia is Real” coming soon.
Expecting great things!