We had a missionary recently at church.
While she was speaking, she shared about her call to missions and how she had started using John Wesley’s daily questions for accountability. I had heard about this before, but this got me really wanting to take a look and see if this would be something to use to take another step closer to the Lord. So I Goo.gle.d it and I did find this portion… which is plenty enough to keep me on my toes.
John Wesley’s Small Group Questions:
1. Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
2. Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
3. Do I confidentially pass onto another what was told me in confidence?
4. Am I a slave to dress, friends, work , or habits?
5. Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
6. Did the Bible live in me today?
7. Do I give it time to speak to me everyday?
8. Am I enjoying prayer?
9. When did I last speak to someone about my faith?
10. Do I pray about the money I spend?
11. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
12. Do I disobey God in anything?
13. Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
14. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
15. Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy or distrustful?
16. How do I spend my spare time?
17. Am I proud?
18. Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the Pharisee who despised the publican?
19. Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I going to do about it?
20. Do I grumble and complain constantly?
21. Is Christ real to me?
Are you ready for the challenge? How about joining me? Print out these questions and ask yourself these questions each night before you go to bed? I think it will help us live more Christ-like lives.
Prayer Warrior Update 3/16/2015