The energy is rising!
I am excited, nervous, and feel very unworthy to offer this series of ministry helps to my colleagues and especially to those coming behind me. I don’t find myself to be the “wise of all wise” in this area. But my husband and I served together in full-time pastoral ministry for 27 years. Before we married, was already serving full-time as a senior pastor for 15 years and I served as a layman, working mainly with children.
Like I said, I feel somewhat undeserving to do this but when God calls, you must answer. I pray that over the next
month of posts, you will find something that will help you along the way. When you read, please share these posts with others that may find them helpful.
First of all, I am very excited about
offering a downloadable “verse & a prayer” every Saturday.
This will be only for those who have signed up for the newsletter. Click on the purple button below!
If you sign up for the newsletter, this will come into your mailbox every Saturday afternoon. It will be entitled “It’s Sunday! Are You Ready to Rumble”. This will be based on the fact that we “do not wrestle with flesh and blood, but principalities …” and thus, we must come into worship ready for spiritual warfare. I hope that these quick downloadable prayers will help you be more focused and prepared for worship at church on Sunday.
Additionally, Daily Nuggets of Information ….
While the majority of my writing will be for the minister and wife, I plan to throw in some helps for all the different departments as well. I have solicited some help with guest writers to cover areas that are not my expertise. Some “Nuggets” will be just that. A simple idea that you might implement in your ministry. Others posts will be “advise” for those who have been there done that. Things learned or wish we knew 30 years ago!
Take it all with a grain of salt. Use what you can. Leave comments with ideas that you have on the topics. This is meant to be a “come alongside our friends” type of series so that we can “Pay it Forward” in a sense. I look forward to sharing with you AND hearing from you. See you Saturday!
Please share this site with your friends in ministry.
Schedule of Nuggets
You can come to this page, to see what has been posted.
As I write, I will add links to these Titles.
- Sunday Newsletters by Subscription only
- What My Pastor’s Wife Taught Me About Being a Pastor’s Wife
- Hurricane Preparedness for Ministry
- a Year’s Worth of Bulletin Boards
- When You’re Dreams are Thrown into the Pits
- Getting on a Budget and Staying There
- Self Care ~ The First Step to Avoid Burn-Out
- Helping Our Children Survive Growing Up in a Parsonage
- Prayer Ministry & Outreach
- 4 Simple Ways to Get Those Notes in the Mail
- Ladies’ Events – A Special Program Giveaway
- Perils of a Pastors Wife – Book Review
- When Your Circumstances Cast Your Into a Horrible Pit
- Building Friendship in and Out of the Church
- Guest Writer : Reaching out to Caregivers
- Guest Writer : Awesome Idea for Teen Girls
- Guest Post:Great Advice for the Pastor and his Family
- How to Love Your Pastor All Year Long
- UNAPPRECIATED ~ Three Actions to Change Your Own Heart
- The Parable of the Lost Shepherd
- Book Review : Simply Tuesday
- 5 Important Aspects of Pastoral Self-Care
- Book Review : The Tiniest Tree
- Guest Post : What I Wish My Church/Pastor Knew about Special Needs Families
- Top Ten Must Read Books for Ministry
- Living in Glass Houses
- Church Board : TBA
- Preparing for Retirement
- How to Build a Jeopardy Game for Bible Quiz Review
- Ideas for Children’s Ministries / Teen Ministries / Men / Women / Singles
?? Anything else we need to cover? Leave a comment.
Well, I hope that this will be a great journey together. Please come along beside me. Like I say, I don’t know everything, so you may be able to throw in some good stuff too. Sign up today!
Paying it Forward!
Have you been hurt by the church?
Have you felt abandoned by God in the lonely fires of ministry? The Perils of A Pastor’s Wife will speak to your deepest wounds and help you find God’s Presence through it all — somewhere, somehow, somebody knows. You are not alone.
Join this new facebook group
This Group is expressly for men and women trying to find Joy in the Wilderness after
losing their pastorate. Please share this with others you know who are struggling with the transition.
This is a place for support and encouragement. No judgment, just a shoulder to lean on.
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO JOIN.
One More thing!
All this is part of a great writing challenge called Write 31 Days. There are thousands of Christian bloggers taking the challenge to write every day in October on the subject of their choice. This is my second year to participate. Last year, I wrote on my Journey with Chronic Pain. “Waiting and Trusting God“. One of those posts was selected to be printed in a book of 150 posts written last year. This book is available for purchase and the proceeds will go towards missions. You can purchase yours by clicking on the image.